Chayse had his first soccer game last night. It's an indoor rec league and they just play in the gym at the rec center. I went without any high hopes or expectations because Chayse has been very clingy lately and wants Brandon to hold him constantly! So I was okay even if he just wanted to sit and watch the whole time, in order to get comfy with everything.
~*~
At first he didnt want to do the drills..but when Brandon or I stood by him, he would do it. When the game started, he went in there..though with Brandon at his side. He would aimlessly run around the "field" and then everytime everyone started running towards my direction..he would look at me..start walking towards us with his shoulders slumped and a sad look on his face and he kept saying, "Im not a teammate..Im not!" (We had told him to go out and be with his teammates.) Brandon and I would bribe him each time with an big ice cream cone when he got done..and then head out with him. Brandon, Gary and I all took turns on the sidelines with him while he was playing. A few times he got near the ball but quickly shyed away from it. Finally towards the end, he stayed out there and was running with the team. Most of the time he was running forward, while looking sideways..smiling at us and waving..asking us to start clapping for him. All in all it was pretty entertaining and he did way better than I expected for his first time playing a team sport. He is excited for his next game on Thursday and can't wait for Daddy to get home tonight so they can go practice! :) Here is a video of him "playing" soccer! :)
Here are a few pictures. My camera is acting weird and is taking not so great pictures! (Can't wait for my new one to get here tomorrow!) So I apologize for the poor quality!




3 comments:
that is so stinkin cute! oh my heck. He is such a little man. So I am super excited for our bow making attempts!!! I need to learn how to make them cause I am going to be super super bow crazy! Anyways, lets plan on Monday to have a girls night. I am excited. I am glad you had fun in Boise and things went good with your mamma!
YEAH CHAYSE!! Good luck on Thurs!
haha! That video of him was super cute! It was funny to see the ball go right past him and he would just watch it go but he was so happy and always looked towards you with a smile on his face. Too cute!
Post a Comment