Thursday, September 11, 2008

A not so "Happy" Birthday...but turned out good in the end!

About 10 min after I got done with the last post, Chayse told me his tummy hurt and he was tired. He crashed on the floor within a matter of seconds....

(Don't mind Alexa...she is just trying to bulldoze her way through to China)

Then about an hour and a half later, Chayse wakes up crying and pulling his legs to his chest saying he hurts. I picked him up trying to figure out what was wrong and my answer started 2 seconds later. Me, my counter, my sink, my floor and Chayse were covered in throw up. The poor kid all the sudden had a stomach bug. So we both changed clothes and got everything cleaned up. He asked me to lay by him and he fell asleep again for awhile on the rug again.

He woke up a little while later and said he was feeling better. So we made cookies and had a photo shoot...
Chayse wanted to do silly faces!

Chayse took this picture all by himself! Good job buddy!

That pretty much wore him out and made him have another bout of "technicolor yawns" (as my dad calls them! :) ) I felt so sorry for him having to deal with this on his birthday. Brandon came home from work early and we just hung out with Chayse while he slept and tried to feel better. Brandon put together his soccer thing and Chayse felt well enough to go out and kick the soccer ball. By the time we were ready for dinner, Chayse seemed to be his old self (minus the bottomless pit his stomach seems to be). He ate a tiny bit of dinner and kept it down and seems to feel much better. So I am glad it ended on a good note. Right now he is watching Mickey Mouse and having a blast. I don't have the heart to tell him its time for bed...but Im tired! Good night all!

7 comments:

Jacque said...

We love you Chayse!! I am so sorry that your birthday had to be a sick one!
We are excited to party on Saturday though!

jen said...

Happy Birthday Chayse and Nicole! Not fun to be sick on your big day buddy :( feel better for your big party day!

Jamie said...

Poor guy!Feel better fast, so you can eat lots of cake!!

Lindsay Kay said...

So sad Chayse. Nicole you look great in these pictures. You know I think you are one of the most photogenic people I know. You always look great in pictures. How are things going. I miss you.

Tegan said...

Poor Chaysers. I am glad his day ended good and that it isn't sick for his party. Wish we could be there. Miss you guys.

Amanda said...

That sucks that he was sick for his bday! I decided our boys need to meet... I think they would get along GREAT!

The Ringer Family said...

you're such a dork! you (or your kids) didn't get Sequoia sick! Promise! It's going around...but I still think it's teething!