Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Update on Chaysers!

By Saturday morning all the marks on Chayse were gone and all the swelling had gone down in all his joints. He was a changed boy! How thankful we were that he made such a quick recovery. It was so sad to see my 3 yr old with arthritis, sitting in his rocking chair all day. Circle of life right? Just a little too soon in my opinion!
So now to the frustrating part....
I called on Monday to get the results of his bloodwork. Good news! Everything was clear that they tested for. I guess though that they don't test for HSP, its just something they assume it is. Well, the nurse was conversing back and forth with my doctor who had gotten back in town. He said that it for sure wasn't HSP because of how his platelets looked. Ok...so then what caused my 3 yr old to have arthritis and welts/rashes all over his body? The one doctor that looked at him on Friday, looked at him, snapped his fingers with confidence and said, " Yep! HSP it is!". There was no question or hesitation in his voice. So then my actual doctor tells me that there is no way it was HSP! What the heck??? I mean I guess it may be hard for my doctor since he didn't actually see it, but if the other doctors had done their notes like they should have..he should have gotten a good idea or he should have atleast talked it over with Dr. Bell & Dr O'vary so he got a better picture. My doctor basically said that other viruses can cause this reaction..so if it flares up again, then to bring him in.
So long story short, we still don't know what caused it, don't know what may cause it in the future, and have no idea how to prevent it from happening. Me being the anxious person I am, am having all these thoughts of him be misdiagnosed, and something horrible happening..and hearing "if we had just caught it sooner.."
I know that whatever comes of it, if anything ever..everything will be ok and Heavenly Father will look out for Chayse and our family. At least right now I am thankful that he is better (I think..he has complained a few times about his knees hurting...but may just be saying to get out of going pee in the toilet or picking up his toys..) and I am thankful for all your prayers!

1 comment:

Lindsay Kay said...

FRUSTRATING! So sorry for you. Glad to know he is better though.