My brother in law, Jordan was always the one to wake us up early when we were with Brandon's family Christmas morning..but this year he acted like it was no big deal..and whenever my kids woke up we would do presents. I couldn't sleep because we ended up on the floor in the sewing room next to Alexa's pack n' play...so I was up at about 5:45am and was reading in the family room. Well I figured my kids would wake up at 6:30 or 7 at the latest. 6:30 rolls around and I hear Jordan creeping up the stairs and he peeks through the railing and said, "It's 6:30..they aren't up yet..." I told him I was sure they would be up by 7:00. 7:00 rolls around and they still aren't awake..so Jordan comes up again and says," Sorry I have to resume my roll and wake everyone up!" I told him to do what he needed to do..so he went and woke everyone up. He told Chayse it was Christmas, but Chayse responded with, " No it's not..it's Christms Eve!". Then I think it clicked that Santa came!
We all headed to the family room and checked out what Santa brought! Chayse LOVED his kitchen and every doubt I had about Santa bringing it, was washed away by his reaction! A couple of his favorite things he got was a D.A.C.S. , his McD's cash register/food, arts n craft table (from my mom...pictures will be coming soon!), digital camera from my dad (he loves doing "photoshoots" and looking for his "lost lens cap" and taking "pictures like mommy"), his blanket that I made him and his new hat and scarf that Grandma Leavitt made him. His family and Santa sure spoiled him this year..but he was a good boy and deserved it! :)
Alexa was having a blast tearing through wrapping paper and trying to eat it all. She seemed to be more interested in Chayse's giant candy cane....
and being the world's smallest sword swallower.....
and being the world's smallest sword swallower.....She got a really cute pink plastic horse on wheels. I thought she would love it. She hates it. I struck out. Oh well. Chayse picked out her very first doll, which she loved! Lesson learned..let a 3 yr old pick out presents...he obviously knows better than I do.
Brandon spoiled me with new clothes, shoes, boots, and a speaker dock for my Zune that I have been wanting for a long time! Thanks honey!
~*~
After we got done opening presents, we had a yummy breakfast and played with the kids! My dad and brother came up from Sandy and had Christmas (early) dinner with us at my inlaws and more yummy food was to be had! Seriously I gained a few pounds this last week with all the good food! I guess that is what the New Year will bring me...a diet plan! Anyway, after dinner we headed to our condo to do Christmas with my dad and brother. My dad gave each of us three kids a week of his timeshare to use. We chose to go to California to a resort there and hit up Sea World and the San Diego Zoo..(Chayse will be in heaven!) and have our trip planned for February! We are so excited! Thanks so much Dad! Also thanks to my mom and Vince who paid for the plane tickets for our family to go, as a Christmas present from them! We are so thankful because this is a much needed vacay!
My dad and brother ended up getting snowed in and stayed the night! Chayse loved that and got to sleep on the air mattress downstairs with my dad! It's not often that we have guests stay at our condo..so it was fun! I didn't get any pictures of my dad and brother..well I should say I didn't get any pictures they wouldn't kill me for putting them on here! Love you guys! :)
We had a blast this holiday season, and are so thankful for the opportunity to spend time together with family and friends!
As the New Year is approaching (in exactly 2 min)..I reflect back on this last year and feel so blessed with what it brought us. Brandon's promotion, our beautiful little Alexa joined our family, the health of our family (besides Chayse's issues but are thankful its not worse) and the good friend's I have been so blessed to make in my ward. You ladies are beautiful, strong and wonderful women and I am so glad to have you in my life! I am thankful for my friends and family in Boise, who I love and miss so much and am so excited to see when I can get there! I am excited to see what this next year brings for my family and friends who I am surrounded by! I wish all of you a Happy New Year and hope it is full of happiness, health and love.

2 comments:
Merry Christmas! I have to laugh everytime I read your blog, because we must have parallel lives... Maybe cuz we're cousins? Jaron also got a kitchen last year and I fought it, but it turned out to be one of his favorite gifts ever... still. Maycee got her first doll this Christmas and loved it along with eating everything as well, she even tried to eat the new puppy that Ryan's uncle got. The puppy stopped that pretty quickly. So funny! I am glad you had a great holiday and that you have a wonderful 2009! :) You have such cute kids!
Sounds like you guys had a great Christmas! How fun to go to San Diego in Feb! That's cool that your dad has a time share there. Ryan's aunt and uncle have a few and we got to go stay with them in a cabin once. Sounds like Chayse will be a chief someday too! Your kids are adorable!
Post a Comment