Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas Eve

On Christmas Eve, Brandon's brother and his family came up and we went sledding up above his parent's house! I haven't been in quite some time and it was pretty fun! Chayse went down once with Brandon and once by himself..and he fell off..so that ended his sledding for the day. He had fun building things with Aunt Stacy in the snow though, so he was happy! Alexa went down a couple times and didn't know what to think..but didn't cry..so I would say it was a success!

When I was younger I would constantly eat snow...I guess I passed on that weird quirk because that is Chayse's favorite thing. Don't worry..I have since kicked the habit. :)

Going....to....
biff it... It was way funnier in person haha!
Alexa sledding with her Aunt Jenny!

~*~

After that we went in, got warmed up, had a delicous Christmas Eve lunch and opened presents with Justin and his family!

Alexa has a tendency to attack people's faces...
but Taylor still loves her anyway! :)
After Justin and Jenny headed home...everyone opened their Christmas jammies, snacked, chatted, watched "Fred Claus" and had fun enjoying being around family!

Chayse was so excited his Aunt Stacy was home for Christmas!

They love eachother....
most of the time! :)
My two little monkey's in their matching pajamas!

This was Alexa's first Christmas! This is a position we often find Alexa in...she is special. :)

~*~

K, so we got Chayse and Alexa little kitchen for Christmas from Santa. I don't want to hear it. I know Chayse is a boy and a kitchen seems girly, but he LOVES them. It's his favorite toy in nursery, he constantly has my kitchen stuff out and pretends to make food for me. Boys can like the kitchen..that is all I am going to say! :)

So on to why I brought that up. It was late on Christmas Eve and Brandon and I were going to start putting together the kitchen. We emptied everything and realized there wasn't any screws! I was freaking out needless to say. Very colorful words were passing through my mind as I was certain my son's Christmas was ruined. We searched all over and couldn't find them anywhere! My father in law kindly started putting everything back in the box while I was moping..and lo and behold....Jordan found them! They had fallen out on the couch under a pillow when we had lifted up the box to pull out the parts. He saved Christmas! :) Thanks Jordan! So Brandon, Travis and myself put it all together and it all worked out! :)

(See...it's blue and grey...it's boyish.)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

boys can totally play kitchen! don't people realize that a majority of the famous top chefs are men? =)
i love that it is gray and blue. i have to agree with you, it actually is the most masculine kitchen set i've seen...where did you get it?

Brienne Alder said...

I don't think it's dumb for Chayse to like playing kitchen. Clarke is a very good cook and likes it, his wife will app. it someday! :) Sounds like you had an awesome xmas. Talk to ya soon! Pray for the babe to start kickin it in this world, its about time danget! Love ya!

Tegan said...

Hey you...looks like you guys had a great Christmas. I love the kitchen, I bet Chayse and Alexa are loving it. Peyton loves her and has been making stuff now stop in it!! We miss you guys and hope you come out here soon!!! I heart you!

Kimber Dawn said...

i miss you guys! christmas looked super fun...i love the matching pjs...

Jamie said...

No worries, my nephew also got a kitchen.
I love the kids in their matching PJ's...too cute!
Looks like you had a fun Christmas!

The Ringer Family said...

looks like you guys had a blast! Hope you have a great new year! And I can't wait for our girls night out!

The Jensen's said...

hey most of the really good chefs are MEN! So i dont care what anyones says he can play with a kitchen set too!
Alesa ia so cute i love the pictuers of her with the candy cane too cute for words! I am so glad that you guys had a good Christmas!