Thursday, July 31, 2008

You're the Best Mommy Ever!

I was having a hard time tonight and was really down on myself. We all have those nights right? Well at least I hope I'm not alone in this! Anyway, I was giving Chayse a bath and put in some bubbles for him. This is the conversation we had as he was getting in the bath: (in his high pitch excited voice)

Chayse: Mommy, you give me bubbles in my tub?
Me: Yes baby, I know you love them.
Chayse: Oh thanks Mommy!
Me: No problem little buddy.
Chayse: You are the BEST mommy ever!

He proceeds to try and give me a big bear hug, but slips and almost konks his precious little head.
After he said that to me, my heart pretty much melted and realized that a my child's pure love for me, is enough to push away the dark clouds and count my blessings that Chayse is in my life.
To him I am the best Mommy ever, no matter what anyone else thinks or says to me. That's all that matters. I just need to be the "best mom and wife ever", and I will have made great accomplishments in my life!

3 comments:

Christy said...

that is just precious! As you read on my blog...I have days like those too! Children are such blessings! You are a great mom I can tell!

The Ringer Family said...

awwww. They always know just what to say and the time to say it. He has the biggest heart Nicole, and he seems very 'in-tune' with things that are going on around him. I've really been impressed with him.

The Ringer Family said...

By the way - I'm thinking we need to do another girls night this wee...what do you think? Maybe dinner and shopping or dinner & movie? and if we don't have a lot of time then just dinner.