I just found out that a great and wonderful teacher that I had in the 9th grade, was in a horrible car accident on Tuesday. His name is Glenn Mabey, and he is suffering many injuries and last I read he was still listed in critical condition. He is an assistant coach for the cross country team at Centennial, and he was taking some athletes with him to a cross country camp, when a truck with a trailer on back lost control, jack knifed and hit Mr Mabey's car, bounced off the guard rail and hit another car. One athlete died, and though I don't know him, my heart goes out to his family. To get the full story, click here .I had Mr Mabey for Earth Science when I was a freshman. He was such a fun teacher, one of the "cool teachers" that everyone hoped they would get, and I had such a blast with him. He would always call me by my last name and usually tried to say it all weird just to get my goat. I was in that class with Mandi and a few others, that had so much fun joking around with him. He was someone who was friends with all his students and you knew he genuinely cared. He always put on an awesome "Freshman Field trip" and everyone looks forward to going on HIS field trip! Mandi and I were able to chaperon his freshman field trip, once or twice..I cant remember..I will have to ask Mandi. Anyway, it was a blast and we always had fun visiting his classroom in the years after having him. He obviously made an impact on me back then, because the second I heard about what had happened tears stung my eyes.
He is in my thoughts and prayers. My heart goes out to him and his family and and anyone else involved in the accident. I hope he has a speedy recovery, though I know it will be a long journey, due to the extent of his injuries.
For those of you who knew him or knew of him, please remember him in your prayers. He is a great teacher and deserves to be an impact on many more student's lives to come.

6 comments:
I couldn't believe this either, I didn't have him as a teacher but I remember how much fun he was at school. In the recent years I have seen him at our church and I always think of what a great guy he is. I will definently keep him in my prayers.
Oh my, that car is totaled. I could not click anywhere to find the whole story. I am so sorry. I will keep him and others in my prayers. How is Boise other then this awful news?
Hey Nicole,
Ben was on call at the hospital that day, and even though he can't tell me, I know that he was on his surgical team. Super sad.
Heather
I can not believe that! My heart goes out to him and his family and all those affected by this tragedy. I did not know him very well, but I know he is a great guy!
They will be in our thoughts and prayers.
How sad! I can't believe how bad that car looks and that anybody survived...I never had him as a teacher, but he knew me and always said, "helllloooo Newman" (like off Seinfeld) But even that made a big impact on me just knowing that he cared about every student he ever met, including me. My heart goes out to him and his family and all that were involved. Let me know if you hear any updates on him!
Just wanted to let you know that at church today they told us that Mr. Mabey is out of icu and into his own room. They didn't go into the extent of his injuries but that is very good news!
Post a Comment