Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Be Happy


Last night at dinner, Chayse offered to say the prayer. This time he wanted to do it all by himself. We bowed our heads and folded our arms and he looks up at me and points straight at me and says.."Dont help mom!"..then he folded his arms again and put his head down and this is what he said...


"Dear Father
bless food
bless grandpa
bless grandpa and grandma
they be saved
bless us
bless to be happy
In Christ, Amen! "

Im probably missing something in there, because it seemed like it lasted longer than that..but let me just tell you, immediate tears welled up in my eyes. How beautiful is it to see the sweet spirit of a 2 yr old come out through his prayer. My husband said, " Wow he asked to be blessed that we would be happy." That's what he wants plain and simple. I took from that..that we if we can all just be happy...life will be so much more enjoyable.

Thank you Chayse for the prayer you offered and what a great one it was, specially for being your first one without anyone's help! I love you buddy!

8 comments:

Jacque said...

I love that story! That is one for the journal! He is a very sweet guy!

Brandon and Lynsay said...

How adorable is that! He said it best, bless to be happy!! We should all do just that. What a great story!!

Kimber Dawn said...

ahhh...i love him.

Tegan said...

I love the new blog!! I want a new one!! The pool is from Fred Meyers. It's so cool Peyton LOVES it so much. I miss you you so I think you need to come and visit me!

Tilly said...

Nicole! It's Kamille. I'm glad you found me. I've been checking out your blog for a little while. Congrats on your beautiful kids! They are adorable! You look fantastic too by the way! Tell your Dad hi from our family, Kyle was asking about him the other day.
BTW, How do you know the Hochhalter's...small world!!

The Reese Family said...

Hey. I was going to leave ya a comment but I forgot. I saw your couches and I laughed!! That is awesome:). Your kids are so so cute!! We need to get together and have a play date. We are moving the first of August so we will have to make it quick!! Let me know if you wanna get together!

The Reese Family said...

haha I guess I can still come out here :):) haha jk. That would be awesome. My email address is princess89@hotmail.com (i know its old from like 7th grade!) I am excited daxton would love it!

Christy said...

how cute! What a great prayer he offered! It's fun when they start doing those things by themselves!