On Sunday night, Alexa was playing with a family member's dog and we realized too late that he doesn't like little ones down close to his face. Alexa got the brunt of it and he bit her. She got scratches and bruises, but one cut that was wide enough that we felt we needed to see if we needed to take her in. We took her to my inlaw's neighbor first, who is a nurse and she tried to close it with a butterfly bandage, but we just couldnt get it to close. So we decided to take her to the InstaCare.
It was so sad because we had to hold her down while they irrigated it and numbed it, and she is so strong...that even with Brandon, a nurse, and myself holding her down, she wiggled free a few times. The worst part was that they had to give her two shots into her wound and it was hard to see. She only ended up needing one stitch because with dog bites, the risk of infection is very high, so they didnt want to completely close it up. Part of her cheek fat was coming out of the cut and so they had to atleast stitch that up so it could heal properly.
She goes in on Friday to get it checked out and the stitch removed! She was so brave and we are so thankful that it wasn't worse! We just hope it heals up nicely with no infection and little to no scarring!
This is before it got cleaned and stitched up at InstaCare
This was later that night.

6 comments:
oh my goodness! how scary! we have two big dogs and with the way macy torments them on a daily basis i am constantly worrying that they might just snap one day....you never know! i'm glad she is okay and that it wasn't any worse!
oh my goodness! How scary and sad. I hope that it doesn't leave a bad scar but I am glad she is doing ok. I hope she won't be too afraid of dogs after that too. Poor thing!
That is SO scary! Poor little girl! Maybe you don't care if she's scared of dogs for the rest of her life (maybe you're prefer it!), but if you don't want her to be, feel free to come over and play with us and Dazy! Although she jumps on adults to say "hi," she's really good with little kids and will lay down on her back so Alexa and Chayse can pet her tummy.
Wow! That is a sad story, I am sure she is very traumatized.
Tell her Jacque loves her and she can come pet Penny anytime, that is if she can catch her!
Sorry you had to watch that. Those are the moments that tear your heart. :(
OHHH MY GOSH!!!! POOR THING!! Maycie got nipped once by my dads dog and I thought that I was going to die!! She sure looks so big! I remember her as baby not big girl!! Love her blond hair!! AWWW I hope she and you are ok! I bet Chayse was Freeking out for his sister!!
Oh I feel so bad for her! That is so scary, hopefully this won't make her scared of dogs! Hope it heals quick!
Post a Comment