Thursday, July 16, 2009

I did it all for the binkie...

Alexa loves her binky...a lot. Probably too much. I sometimes wonder if thats why she isn't talking as much because she has that dang thing plugging her talker. So the other day I took her binkie away because I am trying to only let her have it at naptime and bed time. (Easier said than done folks!) She had a complete and utter meltdown and I figured I would document this for future blackmail. She looks pretty stinkin cute..so I guess it's not blackmail material.

(Mind you..this lasted about 1/2 an hour..and lots more pictures were taken..but I will spare you!)

Life was good once her binkie was returned.

I'm a sucker for those baby blues....

10 comments:

Becca Jane said...

Cam is still obsessed with his binkie...and he's 3!! He only has it at naps/nighttime, but still...he's getting a bit old! I'm just not ready to fight him over it yet!

The Reese Family said...

that stupid binkie!! aaahhh. I think thats why daxton didnt talk for awhile. Once i got it down to naps and bedtime he never would stop talking!! HAHA. Hang in there. Stupid binkies.

Brienne Alder said...

She is so cute. she looks so different without her Binkie. And she is growing so fast. YOu did DANG good on your kiddos.

Brienne Alder said...

oh and one of my friends took all the binkies and through them away and told her little boy that the little babies have them now. They need them, and he said ok. other people have let the kiddos help package them and pretend send them to the babies. You could try that and see if that works! Good lick my friend, i am not looking forward to that special day! LOL

Justin & Ashlee said...

Oh man, good luck with that! Luckily Rylee kind of grew out of it so I took it away and she never minded at all. I will agree that she looks pretty cute. I think I would have gave in too :)

Christy said...

awww..she is so sweet!! You have some cute kids, Nicole! I haven't had any binkie problems, but we have other problems! At about ten months Madi lost her binkie-the only one she too. The first day was hard, but after that she forgot about it and I never bought another one. Then with Avery, I took it away at ten months because it worked so well with Madi around that age. Good luck!

Hokie Family said...

Those eyes are KILLERS! I have a pair of those in my house. When Luke lost his binkies at 17 months we decided to go cold turkey. It was three days of crying himself too sleep. It was hard. But i still don't know how I'm going to get Gabe to stop sucking his fingers, probably never. Good luck. She is so Cute!

The Jensen's said...

Poor girl thatg is so sad :( but I lvoe it

Brandon and Lynsay said...

You could always tell her that you have to send them to someone who is having a baby. Jacki did that with Allie and so she thinks the "binky fairy" came and brought them to our baby. So far it's worked. Good luck, binkies are tough :)

Jill W said...

I took Lucy's away when she was awake at 18 months, too. The horror! A couple months ago Dazy ate her pacifiers, and that was that. She hasn't had them since. Lilybeth still has one all the time, and usually has 3 or 4. I'm not looking forward to taking them away!