Monday, December 17, 2007

Christmas Party!

(WARNING: slightly long post!)
On Saturday night, we had our good friends, The Congers , over for a little Christmas party! It's always fun when they come from Twin Falls, and can spend time with us! I made really yummy sweet pulled pork enchiladas, that my sister gave me the recipe for. (Let me know if you are interested in the recipe, its very comparable to the ones at Costa Vida) After dinner we hung out, chatted, exchanged gifts and had some delicious peppermint ice cream! It was fun getting the kids together and letting them play. As time goes by, the age difference between them (5 mos) seems to matter less and less. They play pretty well together, though Chayse seems to want to be more affectionate and she is beginning to think boys have cooties! :) Here are some pics from our fun evening! I just wish they lived back in Logan, so we could get together lots, like the old times! We miss you guys already! :)
(eating some yummy ice cream!)

(Tegan & Joel)

(she likes him...)

(...just doesn't want him to kiss her!)

( the best!)

(Brandon and I)

(Chayse and Brandon)

(Chayse w/the awesome presents he got from Peyton!)

(opening presents!)

(opening the cool pink cell phone Chayse got her!)

(Chayse and Peyton)

We had lots of fun and were sad to have our party be over, but we look forward to the next time they come into town and can come play! I was being my emotionally preggo self, and telling Tegan that night how lucky I feel to have such a great friendship with her! There are few times in your life that you get the opportunity to meet someone who just "gets you and still loves you". I can tell her the most random wierdest things, and she just understands, and whats more..she is probably thinking the same thing! I was really sad when she moved way to Twin, but our friendship has stayed strong. Thank goodness for internet and cell phones right? Haha! Anyway, just wanted to thank you Tegan for all the fun times, endless phone conversations, fabulous recipe advice, gossip sessions, "kid time" with our little ones, sneaking away to breakfast, work "experiences", numerous shopping trips, craft times, and the shoulder or ear you always offer when I need someone to chat with you! I love you for being such an awesome friend!

1 comment:

Tegan said...

O my gosh!! You know me and how I never cry. But right now I am sobbing. You are so sweet. I know exactly what you mean in your blog. I feel the same way about you. I am glad that there is someone else out there like me and has all the same weird problems as me and that we can talk about all of that. I am so happy that we have stayed such great friends!! I promise to never let distance get in the way of our friendship even if Joel decideds to move to China for work. I promise to visit!! I am excited to come visit that last weekend in January!! It will be a blast, and maybe you will already have Alexa or maybe not but either way it will be fun!! And if your down with it I will Tegan clean your house!!! You know to get you ready for Alexa!!! Thanks for being my friend I love you and cheerish our friend so close to my heart!! I don't know what I would do without you. WOuld would I call when I need anything at all?? I would be lost of thanks for being my everything gal!!