Tuesday, May 8, 2007

teach me to cook



So, I spent the weekend with my sister and my brother in law and my new nephew! Had a blast! One thing I love when I am with them is that they are GREAT cooks! Adam is great with the bbq and his steaks make my mouth water. Kimber having worked at a few restraunts has all these fun little side dishes to try out. Well except one..goat cheese with sunflower seeds..the idea is good...the taste is not. For me anyway. Anyway...I realized that I really want to learn how to cook better! I have recently become obsessed with watching Rachel Ray and am start to watch the FOOD network here and there. My friend Tegan is a great cook as well and has given me some really great recipes! I am not a bad cook by any means..I just need to diversify! Though tonight I made some really good steaks and sauted veggies! I was pretty proud of myself! Haha. If anyone has any great recipes...send them my way..cuz I am sure my husband would love something other than spaghetti or chicken or pasta salad all the time! :)

3 comments:

Tegan said...

I have some new yummy recipes!! I will have to give them to you. One is for these really great cookies and another is for chicken one the grill!! I can't wait to see you in a few weeks. Lets for sure do something. Or like all weekend hang out cuz I miss your butt checks!! (remember that one?)

Steph said...

I have some GREAT recipes I could give you...some really yummy but simple ones. Send me your email address! sjohnson@wellington.com (work email but the best way to get a hold of me in the day!)

Jen said...

what a cute website, and I agree that your brother in law is a great cook. And I think that your new nephew is adorable! I like asparagus or green beans baked on a cookie sheet with a little olive oil with parmesan cheese melted over it