Monday, February 16, 2009

A Different Kind of Valentine's Day Celebration


This past Saturday, we celebrated Valentine's Day differently than we have in the past. This Valentine's Day we celebrated life; the life of a great, noble, hardworking, and honest man.


Brandon's grandfather, Carl DeMill, passed away on February 6th. His funeral was on Saturday, which also happened to be his birthday. It was an emotional day filled with memories, love, gratitude, and tears. We remembered the great man he was and the legacy he has left with family and friends. Gratitude for the beliefs we have that we will be blessed to see Grandpa again. Love poured through the hearts of everyone attending. Tears were falling as he was layed to rest by his sweetheart, Grandma DeMill.


It was amazing, at the viewings and funeral, to see the amount of people who attended. So many people have been touched by him and Grandma and their love was felt by many. Brandon gave an amazing family prayer before the casket was closed. The spirit was there so strong and I could feel Grandpa's presence.I am honored to have known Grandpa. He always told this to all of us married couples and I will forever remember it:


"Now Mada and I never fight. We never have. If we ever disagreed on something, we would talk it out. That is what you need to do. Now, we go to bed everynight holding hands and that has always kept us close."

We love you Grandpa!!!

4 comments:

Leavittville said...

Thank you for the wonderful tribute to my dad. I couldn't have said it better. Thank You!!

Christy said...

Sorry to hear of your granfather's passing. Sounds like he was a great man! What great advice he gave too!

Jamie said...

I felt bad that we couldn't make it to the viewing or the funeral. My parents said the funeral was wonderful!

Jessica said...

Hey- This is Jessica - Shane's wife. I hope you don't mind I found your blog. It was good to see you all a few weekends ago! feel free to visit our blog anytime. demills.blogspot.com