Friday, August 17, 2007

Terrible Tragedy



My heart goes out to the miners and their families that have experienced these two tragedies the past 11 days; the first being the first collapse that trapped the 6 miners, and the second collapse that happened last night, killing 3 miners and injuring 6 more, who were showing brave acts of heroism, attempting to rescue the 6 trapped miners. They knew the dangerous conditions and still put their lives on the line to try and rescue these men. My prayers are with the families of the miners who lost their husbands last night. I hope they soon find peace and understanding of all that has happened.
Brandon and I were glued to the TV, watching the news for almost 2 1/2 hrs last night as they covered this tragedy. No one knew anything for so long, just were seeing ambulances go up and down and AirMed helicopters landing and taking off. All they knew was that there had been a second collapse and obvious injuries. Families didnt even know for probably what seemed to them, so long, on who the men were that were injured. They showed video of the life victims, being taken into the hospital, and I couldnt help but get tears as you see the pain these men are in, and how heroic their actions were to put themselves in this position.
Now the question is being asked: Do they stop the efforts to find the other 6 trapped miners because the danger threat this is posing to the miners. Last I heard they are continuing the 4th vertical drill hole because there isnt any danger in that, though they did stop for a little bit last night, not wanting to stir the mountain at all last night as they were rescuing the other miners. Gov. Hunstman asked that they hold off on the horizontal dig to the 6 trapped miners, til Bob Murray (owner of mining company) can guarantee certain aspects of safety. I just hope and pray for a miracle, that these 6 trapped miners will be rescued, and that no one else will be injured or killed. I hope that when they do reach these miners, that they will find them alive.Please take a moment for these miners and their families. They could use all the prayers they can get right now.

No comments: