Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Just A Little Scare

So today was my second baby doc appt. I am 14 wks! As always, its fun to hear the heartbeat and check in, just to make sure everything is going ok. Well, the doctor couldn't find the heartbeat. I started to silently panic, as the worst thoughts are entering my head. She could sense my panic and told me not to worry, that sometimes its hard to hear with that machine. She still couldn't find it, so she said that we had better go take a look. Again, I am silently freaking out! So we head to the ultrasound room and lo and behold..the baby is fine with a strong heart beat, and as an added plus we got to see the baby and it was moving all over the place. I hadn't ever seen a baby at that stage, and it was so cute to see its tiny little legs kicking. Usually there is 6 more wks of growth before the usual 2nd ultrasound! She assured me that everything is perfect and that again, sometimes its hard to pick up with the other heart beat hearing device. (whatever they call it). I let out a sigh of relief and so thankful that everything is ok with our little baby! My next appt is September 19th and that is when we find out the sex of the baby. Everyone says it will be a girl, but today part of me felt that its a boy. I thought before I would be sad if I didnt have a girl, and yes I would be if I never did have one..but no matter what I am having..I just want it to be happy and healthy and boys are pretty rad too! :) I will keep you updated as the next appt rolls around! My scanner still isnt working..so here is a pic of a baby at 14 wks..so you can get an idea of what I saw..but obviously it was black and white and a 2D pic!

1 comment:

Steph said...

I am so sorry you had that scare! No fun. I am so glad that you are ok!!! Cant wait to find out what baby is next month! LOVES