Monday, April 27, 2009

A Little Biz Trip To B-Town

So I decided to take a little trip to Boise because I had some photoshoots to do. I went by MYSELF. Yes...you read right. MYSELF. I did it, I left my little family for 5 days! My totally amazing husband watched them the whole time (minus a few hours that my friend Jenny watched them while he had to run into work.) Thanks so much honey! I really really really appreciate it! You did so great with the kids and I love that you were able to have that bonding time with them!!! I cant believe I actually did it, and SURVIVED! Haha! Luckily I had Tegan and my sister and Mandi to keep me busy!

I got in late Wednesday night and stayed over at my sister's house. I was so excited to see Jonas still up, even though is parents may not have been! Haha! I love that little guy so much and hate that I dont get to see him all the time!

Thursday I went over to Nicole Lee's house to get my hair done and as always I loved it!!! She does a great job! It was fun chatting with her and seeing her kids! Then I went to Tegan's and napped for a little bit. Yup..I napped un-interrupted. It was heavenly! Tegan got home from work and we got ready to go out. We went to Sakana's for dinner and it was so yummy! Then we went to a movie. Me being the ditz that I am..went into the movie theater and paid for a ticket, when the whole time..I had free movie tickets. Luckily the lady was nice about me being so dumb and refunded my money! We ended up going to another movie theater anyway because the tickets weren't even for the one we went to! After that we got some ice cream and headed back to Tegan's to have chat time! Loved it!

Friday we got up and got ready and headed out to do some shopping. We went and got Peyton's haircut and it looked so darling! We went out to lunch at my favorite bagel place..Blue Sky Bagels. Then we went back..and I got to nap again!! (Its weird because I was sooooooooooo tired the entire time and felt like I couldnt catch up on my sleep!) Then I had a photoshoot with The Montagues and that went awesome! I just love their little family! After that we went out to see Jodie and Trevor's new house and talk with them for a bit and then headed on home.

Saturday morning I had another photoshoot with Katie (Brown) Turley's family..and it was so good to see her and Grant after so long! Their daughter is such a doll! After that I got to head out to see Mandi and her fiance's new house! Of course its darling! I loved hanging out with Mandi and catching up and hearing about her wedding plans! She is my oldest friend..its been what...12 years? Wow..thats crazy! Time flies! Anyway, I love her to death and am so excited for her and Bart's future together! I got to meet him for the first time and just in the few minutes I talked with him..I could tell what a rad guy he was! After I got back from Mandi's, we hung out for a bit and then got ready for Tegan's Girls Night! There was Scentsy, Aloette Makeup, Fattie Wallets and Purses. There was lots of good food and fun girls! It was a blast!

Sunday morning I had a photoshoot with The Butlers and it was a blast because they are so good in front of the camera..they were pros! :) I then went and hung out with my sister and her little fam at Scott & Chrissy Lee's house. Their totally amazingly gorgeous house! I had to do another little shoot with my aunt's family so I ran and did that then took my sister to work at the Melting Pot. Tegan and I went there later that night and ate entirely too much food, but as always Kimber was an amazing server and did a great job!
(Me and Tegs @ The Melting Pot! These are the only pics we took the whole time! Boo!)

Monday I got packed up and headed over to do my last photo shoot with my friend Christina and her two cute little ones! I haven't seen her in forever either, so it was fun to catch up! After that I headed to my sister's to hang out for a bit. I was also able to see my Grandpa for a little bit at the rehab facility before I left for the airport. He fell a few weeks ago and broke the ball joint in his hip and had to have a partial hip replacement. Thank goodness for new age medicine because he was up and walking around with his walker a few days after surgery I believe! Go Grandpa!

After that I headed to the airport! The whole time I was missing my family like crazy! Chayse would talk with me on the phone while I was gone and ask me what I was wearing to my photo shoots, what time I was going, what were their kid's names and so on. It was so cute. It was hard for me at times because Chayse would say "Mommy I miss you, please just come home." I know they were in good hands, but it was hard to not be with my little buddies all the time! Maybe I shouldn't admit this outloud but I seriously had tears in my eyes as we were landing because I was sooooooooooo excited to see my family. It made my heart melt when I was coming down off the escalator and I saw them standing there and Chayse had flowers for me! It was so sweet! I didnt get to talk to Alexa much because she doesn't like to talk jabber on the phone (whose daughter is she???) and so I didnt get to hear that she missed me..but when she saw me she had the biggest smile and threw her arms around my neck and wouldnt let go of me til we got her in the car!
Soooo I know..long drawn out post about my trip..but really..this is more for the journaling aspect! Haha! Anyway, it was a ton of fun, a nice break and I had tons of fun with family and friends. Thanks again Tegs for letting me stay with you! Thanks Joel for letting us have so much girl time! Thanks again Kimber for letting me stay with you that night, hangin out, letting me use your car and being my chauffer to and from the airport! Love you! I had a blast and cant wait to come back and play!

2 comments:

Tegan said...

Im still sad your gone.....we had entirely too much fun together!!!! I can't wait to do it again

The Reese Family said...

that sounds fun! i am glad you guys all survived with no children. Way to go hubby for watching the kiddos. That is awesome. I am glad you had a good time. Cant wait to see your new place and to be neighbors!! HOORAY!